School Meals Information
Our menu is a two-week rolling programme and lunches are served by our lovely chef Mr Bown. This menu has been written in consultation with the children!
Meals are free for KS1 and Nursery children and there is no need to book these meals.
£2.35 is the price for KS2 children, please book via our online shop ParentPay or with Mrs Worrall in the office.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to all children in KS1 (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2), as well as some children according to family income.
Registering your child for free school meals does not mean that they have to have a school meal every day, or at all. It does however ensure that the school receives it's share of pupil premium funding, which is worth up to £1300 per child per year, and provides vital extra resources for schools to spend on improving educational outcomes for your child, as well as many other benefits including free music lessons. So, it is important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch.
Entitlement to free school meals is confidential, and no-one need know that your child is receiving a free meal. The provision remains in place for as long as your child continues to attend school in Cornwall and you continue to be entitled to one of the qualifying benefits listed below.
Children are entitled to Free School Meals if their parents, carers or guardians receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-Based Jobseeker's Allowance (not contribution based)
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance (not contribution based)
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) with an annual income (as shown on your award letter from the Inland Revenue - TC602) of no more than £16,190
- Support via Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999 (IAA)
- Please note, if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit, you do not qualify for Free School Meals, even if your annual income is below £16,190
To find out if your child qualifies for free school meals, and for any help or advice, fill in the form on the Cornwall Council website or contact the office in confidence.